Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Container, Timeghost, Mutwawa and Flesh Control at Sediment Arts - Style Weekly

  Container
Container
The problem I have with electronic music these days is that most of what I hear sucks. It’s like sexless disco, lazy and inert, with your proclivity for drug use in direct correlation to your appreciation of the form. One notable exception is Container, the one-man, Nintendo-techno freak-out of Ren Schofield. His is a brew of Krautrock yearning, oppressive bass-booming propulsions and melodic noise. “Adhesive,” the four-track EP that Schofield released this year on Liberation Technologies, is my favorite electronic release since Squarepusher’s 1997 EP “Big Loada,” and every time I put it on, I hear something new. Container brings the noise to Sediment Arts on Friday, Aug. 29. Timeghost from Providence, R.I., and Richmond’s own Mutwawa and Flesh Control open. Doors open at 208 E. Grace St. at 7 p.m. Admission is a suggested donation of $10-$15. sedimentarts.org.